Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Christmas Yoga Mat (a really deep and touching holiday story for the whole family)


The photo below is of the yoga mat I’ve been using for the past year or so...or, more specifically, the family Christmas tree, as seen through one of the larger holes in the mat I’ve been using for the past year or so...
 ...whereas this one is my fancy-schmancy so-heavy-it’s-gonna-add-a-whole-new-level-of-athletic-challenge-to-biking-to-yoga-class, ready-to-be-used-by-cockroaches-and-Keith-Richards-after-a-nuclear-war, 85-inch (since, to me, nothing says yoga more than being able to tell the guy next to me "mine’s bigger than yours"), brand new Christmas miracle Manduka mat...under the same tree...
 ...so, needless to say, since this is, of course, one of those ever-so-deep-and-spiritual yoga blogs, there’s a far deeper and more spiritual message here...when you really think about it...with your heart, as well as your mind...about renewal and hope and...um...peace on earth...or something...

...okay, it’s basically a very crass and materialistic kinda modern Christmas story about getting cool new stuff...(kinda like I wrote about here)...

...I’ll try to be more deep and spiritual, next time....for now, oh man, am I psyched about my new yoga mat...

Happy Holidays, y’all...

5 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Heck, I think getting a new yoga mat for Christmas is better than a new car for Christmas! Its like getting new magic carpet...enjoy the ride...

Merry Merry!

the walking man said...

Naw to hell with that idea give me the car...we don't have any real public transportation here.

So when do you consider a new mat broken in? Does a number associated with flatulence have anything to do with that determination?

holly said...

Practical and much-needed gifts are always best, like, say...a good bottle of tequila.

Season's Greetings, drjay!

Laura said...

enjoy!!! May this New Year be one of realized dreams… even those we did not realize we were dreaming!

Erik Donald France said...

Happy New ear, dude ~ cheers ~